Monday, August 08, 2005

What's Worth Queuing For?

Over the weekend I invited Mr, Mrs & Faith Brown to the Festival of Praise at the Indoor Stadium.

The queues started at 1pm on Saturday and Sunday. Many were turned away -- WE NEED A BIGGER STADIUM! Next year maybe they can play at National Stadium! The sound wouldn't be as good but they could make a lot more people happy.

Mr Brown blogged live from the Festival while we were bopping to Delirious - what a magnificent band!

I read some of the comments on that post and it actually surprised me that Christians weren't prepared to queue for the worship event of the year. I mean, people are willing to queue for mere autographs by a group named after a mountain (okay, one digit short of a mountain) -- K One, as posted on this hilarious Haro Singapore blog.

I'm always astonished at the kind of things that Singaporeans queue for: $20 iPods (definitely worth it) and $10 gift bag with every purchase of some women's magazine at those road shows (hurray, no longer part of my existence!). Of course there are those that queue for NDP tickets and then those that queue for their kids' primary one registration...

I think the longest I ever queued for anything was 3 hours at a Bruce Springsteen concert in Chicago. They let the first 50 into the pit. I think my hubby and I were #64. But still we were 10 metres from The Boss so it was still worth the 3 hour wait.

Queuing 6 hours to worship the Lord with 10,999 other on-fire Singaporeans is definitely more worthwhile than that. I think now that I'm a believer I wouldn't queue so long for Springsteen but I would if it meant I could be in the presence of the Lord for a few hours -- there's nothing quite like the spinetingling sensation of being in a room where there is an actual body of Christ with one voice. The weekend felt almost like what I imagined being in heaven would be like -- all day worship, all hearts focused on just one person: the Lord Jesus.

Amazing. Queue on!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sausage said...

i also wana be magazine writer
but the pay is beyond my pain threshold
hehe

9:01 AM

 
Blogger "s0n|c'C@libr3,, said...

hey city harvester :)



Glad to meet one :)


take care and God Bless

10:30 PM

 
Blogger Threez said...

Sausage, welcome to my world! haha!

10:58 AM

 
Blogger Zen|th said...

Delirious is a good band. =)

1:29 AM

 
Blogger A said...

hmm, why queue at all? =) when you mentioned that you queued to be in the presence of the Lord for a few hours - that raised some questions, because you don't need to go to a FOP to be in His presence.

But i understand Delirious was great - and i would have queued to see them.

mrs budak has a point of view here - http://www.livejournal.com/users/mrsbudak/137422.html

5:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home