Sunday, July 31, 2005

About Face: Mom's Story - Final Chapter

Yesterday afternoon I interviewed a mom with a little girl who has Apert Syndrome: it's a genetic disorder in which the face appears to be sunken in the middle (so the forehead protrudes and looks too big). The little girl is bright, cheerful and so beautiful a person -- I can say she's much better behaved than a lot of normal kids I've met (including my own!).

Tonight as I researched further about Apert Syndrome I came across this beautiful blog by a girl Vicki who has Apert too, and here she shares a story her mother wrote about having her.

I'm in tears -- our God is a great God. Hard to fathom at times but He never makes a mistake. No one, no matter how disfigured to our fleshly eye, is a mistake.

About Face: Mom's Story - Final Chapter

1 Comments:

Blogger Vicki Joy Anderson said...

Amen! Thanks for the post -- I am the girl the story is about (who runs the About Face blog). I was actually born with Orbital Hypertelorism, but there are some similarites to this and Apritz (on the face, anyway).

However, a good friend of mine has Aprits and her story is also on my blog. She wrote her testimony for a Joni and Friends newsletter a few years ago. She turned 18 last week. Her story is along the sidebar of my blog and is titled, "Krista's Story."

I would be very interested in reading (and sharing with Krista) the results of your interview with the girl with Apritz. Is there somewhere we can read the story?

Thanks again for the post. God indeed, knows what he's doing and "all things" bring him glory!

Vicki Joy

10:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home