Monday, May 23, 2005

Top 10 Reasons Why Men Seek Child Sex

I've been asked this question a lot recently, since I decided to speak up against the child sex trade.

At the War Against Trafficking Alliance conference I attended at the end of April, I discovered a lot of things that I could scarcely believe. Apart from the shock of facing human depravity turned up to 11, I also heard the list of stupid reasons that men have for choosing sex with a child.

If I wasn't busy throwing up I would have laughed.

Here they are (some are translated so imagine they are 200% less eloquent than this).

1. "I went to the temple and they told me if I have sex with a virgin it will cure me of my impotence problem."
2. "Because we Chinese believe that the sex with a young girl has the power to take away the signs of aging and health problems."
3. "It makes me feel powerful."
4. "It's good for the girl to be exposed to this from an early age."
5. "I'm doing these girls an economic favour — without my having sex with them they won't be able to feed their families."
6. "It's no big deal -- they're going to have sex anyway in a few years."
7. "I feel rejuvenated."
8. "It's not as if they are Chinese girls or angmoh girls, what's the problem?"
9. "I heard it's a good way to cure AIDS."
10. "I heard it's a good way to prevent AIDS."

Men who have sex with children fall into 3 groups:

1. The pedophiles
These sickos need to have their brains reset by plugging a live wire into the back of their necks. They objectify very young children as sex toys. Many are not only into sex with kids but torture as well. There is a VERY SPECIAL HELL for people like them.

2. The preferential sex offenders
These are epitomised by the Temasek Poly lecturer nailed for soliciting sex with a teenage Thai boy. They like adolescents.

3. Situational sex offenders
This is the category most Singapore sex tourists fall into — go on tour, friends say "let's try" and they stupid stupid go and try "for the experience". These people would also try drugs in Amsterdam, sex with a "smorgasbord" of prostitutes of different races (I heard of a very famous Singaporean who did it and took pictures but I shan't get slapped with a slander suit).

Perhaps what chilled me to the bone the most was the story told to me about the Singaporean man who not only went to sleep with child prostitutes every week in Batam but came home to tell his teenage sons that he will bring them for a treat there one day.

He is grooming the next generation of child sex predators.

And so the cycle of evil continues.

We must do everything in our power to stop this.

Educate the men and the boys. Education can save lives.
Get men to stop thinking of sex as recreation — unlike tennis balls these kids don't just bounce back.
Start a new trend: go back to God's plan for men and women.

The 5 P's (courtesy of Prof Vitit Muntabhorn, receipient of the UNESCO award for human rights)
Prevention by activating the public
Protection of children (keeping them in school and out of trouble)
Prosecution of wrongdoers (seize their assets)
Provision of help (psychological recovery for victims, psychological intervention for offenders)
Personal and structural philosophy - promote the principle that all human rights are for all.

I am reminded of a short horror story by British writer and comic legend Neil Gaiman, called Babycakes (from Smoke And Mirrors). I am just going to excerpt it to make a point:

"A few years back all the animals went away... We wandered around lost, for a time, and then someone pointed out that just because we didn't have animals anymore, there was no reason to change our lives. No reason to change our diets or cease testing products that might cause us harm.

"After all, there were still babies.

"Babies can't talk. They can't hardly move. A baby is not a rational, thinking creature.

"We made babies.

"And we used them.

"Some of them we ate. Baby flesh is tender and succulent.

"We flayed their skin and decorated ourselves in it. Baby leather is soft and comfortable.

"Some of them we tested.

"We taped their eyes, dripped detergents and shampoos in, one drop at a time.

"We scarred and scalded them. We clamped them and planted electrodes into their brains. We grafted, we froze, and we irradiated....

"Some people complained, of course. But then they always do. And everything went back to normal."


Let's not let it go back to normal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home